City Hippy

The diary of our struggle to live a green and fair life.

Google Search:


City Hippy

CityHippy has posted its last post now (I now work for EMP plc, run At Home magazine online and more and personally blog over at http://www.altepper.com). Why? Click here to find out. We might be back. Keep our RSS feeds, keep us bookmarked, sign up for the news alert on the right. You never know...


We are dedicated to exploring how to live a greener and more ethical life. City Hippy is a growing collective of writers bringing you two types of content:

ARTICLES: Enjoy real content by real people trying really hard to live a greener and fairer life. Generally in-depth with weekly updates at least. Located in main body below.Subscribe:
 
BOOKMARKS: Follow our web travels & explore our 1400+ links to a greener life across various categories i.e. baby, cosmetics, DIY, furniture, garden & shopping. Short, sharp and frequent updates. Located down to the right. Click here to see our latest three bookmarks.Subscribe:

ARTICLES:

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

NEWS: Starbucks Challenge: No Organic Milk

Wandered over to the Starbucks across the road from where I work yesterday (123A Kings Road, London, England SW3 4PL, United Kingdom - store 10731) to order a cup of Fairtrade (which they had brewing - hurrah) and asked if they had organic milk for my coffee as per my Monday post.

The barista did not understand (?) and offered me Soya milk instead. When I said no thanks I mean Organic she said something in a foreign language, shook her head and smiled.

Despite the obvious language concerns there in terms of effective customer service capabilities in an English shop I do not think Starbucks offer organic milk and I have certainly noticed it in the past anyway. And that is sooooo the kind of thing I would have noticed.

But a source at DEFRA's Food & Drink (Milk & Milk Products) Division (amazed they have one to be honest) confirmed that rBGH is not allowed in EU production. So any non-Organic milk in the EU is pus free! Hurrah! and phew!

Namaste

CH

Technorati tags:

















1 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Julaybib said...

Personally, I wouldn't step foot in a Starbucks if you propelled me through the door with a grenade launcher! ;-) For reasons why, see Paul Kingsnorth's One No, Many Yeses.

Wasalaam

The Muslim Anarchist

 

Post a Comment

<< Home