City Hippy

The diary of our struggle to live a green and fair life.

Google Search:


City Hippy

CityHippy has posted its last post now (I now work for EMP plc, run At Home magazine online and more and personally blog over at http://www.altepper.com). Why? Click here to find out. We might be back. Keep our RSS feeds, keep us bookmarked, sign up for the news alert on the right. You never know...


We are dedicated to exploring how to live a greener and more ethical life. City Hippy is a growing collective of writers bringing you two types of content:

ARTICLES: Enjoy real content by real people trying really hard to live a greener and fairer life. Generally in-depth with weekly updates at least. Located in main body below.Subscribe:
 
BOOKMARKS: Follow our web travels & explore our 1400+ links to a greener life across various categories i.e. baby, cosmetics, DIY, furniture, garden & shopping. Short, sharp and frequent updates. Located down to the right. Click here to see our latest three bookmarks.Subscribe:

ARTICLES:

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

REVIEW: Wake up and smell the Fairtrade

Cross-posted from Hippyshopper and jazzed up a tad just for thee:

Life is busy, and whilst rushing to and from work every day I often consider buying a coffee. I am trying to cut down as it just is not good for me personally but the smell of the roasted beans at Kings Cross just gets to me. They smell soooo good. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Most days I can't be bothered if I am honest as I am in a rush (is there another way to be?) and figure I will have a free coffee as soon as I get to work or reach home.

Granted at work it is not as good, nor is it fair trade or organic but it is free and there is no queue. At home of course it is fairtrade and organic. Naturally...

Occassionally I do cave in and line up for my shot at Kings Cross and then I take massive pride in the knowledge that I at least have the option of the greenest coffee in town.

AMT Coffee offer not only Fairtrade coffee but they also now offer Organic Milk. How cool is that? Plus I just noticed today that they even sell fairtrade food. I think they were brownies or nut bars etc. Not sure it is even worth bothering with the Starbucks Challenge any more when there are much greener options in town.

So do look out for the AMT logo and give them your support if you see them.

Namaste

Al

Technorati tags:










1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMT Coffee is great. I love the Chai Steamers and the Pretzels.

However, I was pretty upset when Sheffield station recently got redeveloped and they replaced the AMT coffee shop for an Upper Crust... :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home