City Hippy

The diary of our struggle to live a green and fair life.

Google Search:


City Hippy

CityHippy has posted its last post now (I now work for EMP plc, run At Home magazine online and more and personally blog over at http://www.altepper.com). Why? Click here to find out. We might be back. Keep our RSS feeds, keep us bookmarked, sign up for the news alert on the right. You never know...


We are dedicated to exploring how to live a greener and more ethical life. City Hippy is a growing collective of writers bringing you two types of content:

ARTICLES: Enjoy real content by real people trying really hard to live a greener and fairer life. Generally in-depth with weekly updates at least. Located in main body below.Subscribe:
 
BOOKMARKS: Follow our web travels & explore our 1400+ links to a greener life across various categories i.e. baby, cosmetics, DIY, furniture, garden & shopping. Short, sharp and frequent updates. Located down to the right. Click here to see our latest three bookmarks.Subscribe:

ARTICLES:

Friday, July 08, 2005

SPECIAL: We are OK!

Many of you have written to ask if we are ok after yesterdays bombings...

Well, as far as I can tell and as far as I know, all of the collective in the UK are ok.

My pregnant wife and I normally take the train out of Kings Cross on the Piccadilly line between 8:45am and 9:05am so there is every chance we could have been caught up in that blast but for a strange serendipitous turn of events which kept us safe.

Sadly my granmother passed away last week and her funeral was yesterday...so we were both off work for the day. Thanks Gran! Providence or what eh?

But some were not so lucky and many have needlessly lost their lives, limbs and loved ones.

To those less lucky than my wife and I there is little I can say to ease your pain but know that you do not stand alone and you will not be forgotten. Namaste.

To those that perpertrated these acts: You have achieved nothing positive in the name of whatever twisted belief you act. In fact you have sowed the seeds of your own inevitable demise.

Amongst us, the peaceful, the lovers of life, you have only strengthened our resolve to fight your anger with love, your hatred with peace and your evil with good. We follow the paths of those before us like Mahatma Ghandi & Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. et al and they died AT PEACE with themselves and had no regrets I am sure.

They continue to inspire me and others and I will not allow you to shape the world into what you have become. I would rather be a dead peacenik than a living murderer. I pity your soul. Namaste even to you!

And Namaste to you all...

Got some good stuff coming up and am just pleased to still be here.

Speak soon

CH

Technorati tags:







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home