City Hippy

The diary of our struggle to live a green and fair life.

Google Search:


City Hippy

CityHippy has posted its last post now (I now work for EMP plc, run At Home magazine online and more and personally blog over at http://www.altepper.com). Why? Click here to find out. We might be back. Keep our RSS feeds, keep us bookmarked, sign up for the news alert on the right. You never know...


We are dedicated to exploring how to live a greener and more ethical life. City Hippy is a growing collective of writers bringing you two types of content:

ARTICLES: Enjoy real content by real people trying really hard to live a greener and fairer life. Generally in-depth with weekly updates at least. Located in main body below.Subscribe:
 
BOOKMARKS: Follow our web travels & explore our 1400+ links to a greener life across various categories i.e. baby, cosmetics, DIY, furniture, garden & shopping. Short, sharp and frequent updates. Located down to the right. Click here to see our latest three bookmarks.Subscribe:

ARTICLES:

Monday, August 22, 2005

MOMENT: WD-40

Just got this email from a City Hippy reader in Glasgow, Scotland:

Hey City Hippy,

Love the blog, long-time reader, first time emailer.

Read a post of yours recently, can't recall which, where you mentioned having 'a City Hippy moment'.

I had one this weekend and figured you and the other readers might like to hear about it. Upto you of course.

I had to fit some metal parts together and needed something to ease them in. My mind instantly thought of WD-40, the all-powerful lubricant. I knew I did not have any and considered diving out for some at a nearby shop which was less than a 5 minute drive away.

Then a 'City Hippy moment' struck.

I suddenly thought about the problem without instantly jumping to a conclusion. I knew I had no WD-40 and so I thought about alternatives that were readily available.

The answer was simple. Olive Oil. I knew I had some in the kitchen so I thought why not give it a go. And you know what? It worked just fine.

The parts slid together perfectly. No WD-40 required. No drive to the shops required. No money wasted on yet another needless chemical product. Made my day. My first 'City Hippy moment' felt great.


Hurrah! We so love getting these emails...a pat on the back and the knowledge that someone else out there is with us on our mission moving towards a more sustainable future.

We would love to hear about your City Hippy moments so send them in and we will publish them if we can.

Namaste

CH

Technorati tags:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home