City Hippy

The diary of our struggle to live a green and fair life.

Google Search:


City Hippy

CityHippy has posted its last post now (I now work for EMP plc, run At Home magazine online and more and personally blog over at http://www.altepper.com). Why? Click here to find out. We might be back. Keep our RSS feeds, keep us bookmarked, sign up for the news alert on the right. You never know...


We are dedicated to exploring how to live a greener and more ethical life. City Hippy is a growing collective of writers bringing you two types of content:

ARTICLES: Enjoy real content by real people trying really hard to live a greener and fairer life. Generally in-depth with weekly updates at least. Located in main body below.Subscribe:
 
BOOKMARKS: Follow our web travels & explore our 1400+ links to a greener life across various categories i.e. baby, cosmetics, DIY, furniture, garden & shopping. Short, sharp and frequent updates. Located down to the right. Click here to see our latest three bookmarks.Subscribe:

ARTICLES:

Saturday, August 13, 2005

NEWS: Jeremy Clarkson is a genius

Jeremy Clarkson is a genius! Now I know what you are thinking...am I talking about THE Jeremy Clarkson, "celebrity" presenter of UK T.V. show, Top Gear and enemy of the environment?

Or is there another Jeremy Clarkson to which I refer? Because surely I, City Hippy, do not support THE Jeremy Clarkson's thoughts and behaviour?

Well I do mean the Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear fame. And I will tell you why he is a Genius. This man is a Genius because he has fashioned himself a television career reviewing cars...brilliant...and he almost certainly gets paid more than I do! Very clever that Clarkson. He has got it made! I am not even going to attempt to address the editorial effect of any potential perks one might get in his position from the Car Manufacturing industry.

He is such a genius he has managed to rack up ANOTHER honorary degree. The first one was warranted for a T.V. show he participated in about engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel but this one is just plain wrong. And not because he is to the environment what Diarrhoea is to toilet paper. Sorry for the graphic imagery but he really is that evil in environmental terms! Possibly worse!

He is being given an honorary degree by Oxford Brookes University in the UK apparently for his 'enthusiasm and contribution to engineering and motor sports'. Seems like you don't have to do much to get an honorary degree from them.

Of course I don't really think he is a genius. In my humble opinion Clarkson is nothing more than a nature-trampling, motor-industry poster-boy. His own twisted logic leads him to conclude that:

To protect the environment I have to get rid of the environmentalists.


Even taken in full context of his entire article he is clearly generalising and mistaken. Read it...don't take my word for it!

Personally I think there are more worthy people to focus on...what about globally respected engineer Trevor Baylis, the inventor of the windup technology? Surely that warrants even more 'enthusiasm and contribution to engineering' although of course I don't think Trevor Baylis does much for motor sports. But surely such an ingenious contribution to the world as a wind-up radio and so on is more valuable than enthusiastic car reviews?

If you agree with me and over 2,400 other people (so far) then click here to sign the petition encouraging Oxford Brookes to think again.

Let's hear from Jeremy one more time...I am sure he would appreciate that:

If I’m turned down for the award, it won’t make any material difference to my life. But I refuse to remove my name because that would be yet another victory for environmentalism, which has given the world nothing, over engineering, which has given us everything.


See I told you the man was a genius!

Technorati tags:










2 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your a cock quite frankly

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger City Hippy said...

Am I?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home