City Hippy

The diary of our struggle to live a green and fair life.

Google Search:


City Hippy

CityHippy has posted its last post now (I now work for EMP plc, run At Home magazine online and more and personally blog over at http://www.altepper.com). Why? Click here to find out. We might be back. Keep our RSS feeds, keep us bookmarked, sign up for the news alert on the right. You never know...


We are dedicated to exploring how to live a greener and more ethical life. City Hippy is a growing collective of writers bringing you two types of content:

ARTICLES: Enjoy real content by real people trying really hard to live a greener and fairer life. Generally in-depth with weekly updates at least. Located in main body below.Subscribe:
 
BOOKMARKS: Follow our web travels & explore our 1400+ links to a greener life across various categories i.e. baby, cosmetics, DIY, furniture, garden & shopping. Short, sharp and frequent updates. Located down to the right. Click here to see our latest three bookmarks.Subscribe:

ARTICLES:

Friday, December 30, 2005

NEWS: 7 things

My good pal Siel at greenLAgirl.com tagged me with this meme and so what the hell...figured it might be nice for y'all to know a bit about me.

7 things to do before I die:
Get healthy, camp with my wife and son, learn basic bushcraft skills a la Ray Mears with my family, go off-grid, grow my own food, explore the UK thoroughly & finally read everything on my reading list.

7 things I can’t do:
Speak another language, fly without wings, be a pessimist, play pro Soccer or American Football, tolerate evil, read everything on my reading list & finally sit still for more than 5 minutes.

7 things that attract me to blogging:
writing, evangelising, the web, freedom, working for myself, community & finally making a positive contribution to our world.

7 things I say most often:
..., namaste, bugger, grrr, sorry, thanks & finally, sure, why not.

7 books I love:
Sheesh...tough one, this is by no means final, ask me again tomorrow and it would be a different list but these are the most influential books on my life so far - that is the only way I could pick books I love - what a question: Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien, Stark by Ben Elton, Childhoods End by Arthur C Clarke, The Development Dictionary : A Guide to Knowledge as Power by Wolfgang Sachs The Sea Around Us by Rachel L. Carson, The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield & finally A Rulebook for Arguments by Anthony Weston.

7 movies I watch again and again:
ARGH!!! The Matrix Trilogy, Contact, The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

7 people I want to join in, too:
Hmmm, not sure they will but here goes: Jeff @ Sustainablog, Deb @ Outonthelimb, Ian @ Spinneyhead, Marigolds @ Thebluevoice, Don @ EvanEco, George @ DirtyGreek & finally Jerome @ BlackBearSpeaks

So now you know...thanks Siel!

Namaste

CH

Technorati tags:




4 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger marigolds2 said...

oHO my dear Hippy, you have tagged me too! I'm not sure such a thing as this would belong in The Blue Voice, but I may give it a try in my own journal on AOL or my not-really-a-blog on Blogspot, Quid Nunc. I'll let you know, anyway. Actually sounds like fun. I certainly enjoyed reading yours. -Mary Ellen, aka marigolds2

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger marigolds2 said...

Okay then, having lots of time to waste, on vacation, I did the Sevens. Here they are:

marigolds2.blogspot.com/2005/12/seven.html

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Siel said...

Wait -- Does this mean that you're not currently healthy? Let me point out here that drinking wine and smoking pot is beneficial to your health, in my opinion --

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Jeff McIntire-Strasburg said...

I'll take the challenge, CH... Look for it in the next few days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home