NEWS: 10 more ways to save the planet
In addition to the Ecologist's superb '10 ways to save the planet' ad in thursday's Independent I posted a blog post on the Ecologist (am now an occasional blogger for them by the way) with another 10 ways I feel are worthy of attention. Cannot get the original 10 ways to save the planet for you sadly as it is not an article. Here are my additional 10 though. Enjoy.
- Engage with people but do not judge. Seek instead to understand.
- Think about who you're giving your money too when shopping. Vote with your money.
- Reconnect with your energy, food, waste and water. Where does it come from? Where does it go?
- Grow something you can eat, even in a window box. Even just some herbs.
- Try and add a new green string to your bow each month.
- Be positive regardless of the situation. Nobody likes the negative.
- Hug trees. Regularly. Publicly.
- Go barefoot next time you are in your garden or local park. Feel the ground beneath your feet. Get muddy.
- Take an energy holiday one weekend and live only by candlelight and without a computer, radio and television.
- Arm yourself with green information and then evangelise but remember to be nice and understanding.