NEWS: Sustainability Bike Tour
I recently flagged up something in our bookmarks that sounded interesting and got in touch with the guy (Vladislav Davidzon) in charge for more info. I asked him to explain more about what it is they do and hear it is, in his own words:
SUSTAINABLE ENERGY IN MOTION BIKE TOUR - www.portlandpeace.orgFor a multitude of reasons I cannot go on this tour but if I could I would be there in a shot...it sounds awesome!
Bike hundreds of miles. Meet incredible people. Participate in amazing service projects. Stay on organic farms and work to promote sustainable food growth practices. Study and work with Native American communities. Live with the land and camp under the stars. Change your world, one mile at a time.
This summer, you can take an extraordinary journey. Tune up your bike, pack your bags, and join fellow riders from all over the world for an incredible excursion across Oregon, utilizing the most sustainable method of transportation available: your own bike.
Visit the website for more information and to enter to win one of the
- Study and apply the philosophies of permaculture, alternative building, appropriate technology and sustainable energy.
- Spend time with Native American communities, work with salmon restoration and indigenous building practices.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how organic food is grown, and distributed.
- Explore some of the most beautiful places in Oregon while learning about natural history, deep ecology, and environmental ethics.
- Observe local economics projects and grassroots democracy struggles in places through which you travel.
- Participate in a traveling community of cyclists coming from all over North America with a variety of backgrounds but with a shared longing for a better world.
- Discover consensus decision-making and use it to make collective decisions within your community.
- Learn about nutrition, health and fitness through long-distance cycling.
one-week tours! www.portlandpeace.org / 503-239-8426
UPDATE: I asked them for pics and here is the link they sent me for last years pics...I so wanna go! WAAAAAH!!!!