City Hippy

The diary of our struggle to live a green and fair life.

Google Search:


City Hippy

CityHippy has posted its last post now (I now work for EMP plc, run At Home magazine online and more and personally blog over at http://www.altepper.com). Why? Click here to find out. We might be back. Keep our RSS feeds, keep us bookmarked, sign up for the news alert on the right. You never know...


We are dedicated to exploring how to live a greener and more ethical life. City Hippy is a growing collective of writers bringing you two types of content:

ARTICLES: Enjoy real content by real people trying really hard to live a greener and fairer life. Generally in-depth with weekly updates at least. Located in main body below.Subscribe:
 
BOOKMARKS: Follow our web travels & explore our 1400+ links to a greener life across various categories i.e. baby, cosmetics, DIY, furniture, garden & shopping. Short, sharp and frequent updates. Located down to the right. Click here to see our latest three bookmarks.Subscribe:

ARTICLES:

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

SPECIAL: Blog and save the world


I have good news.

I have just agreed a deal to become managing editor / blogger-in-residence on an exciting new green blog project.

For me this represents a pretty unique opportunity to turn my blogging into action and financial reward.

This blog will enable me to do something real and positive using my blogging skills. Plus it will help me sustain my family at the same time. Everybody wins.

And the best part is that there is plenty of love to go around for any other green bloggers that wish to get involved at a variety of levels. More on that in the coming days / weeks I promise.

Plus City Hippy will not suffer from neglect I promise...if anything it will blossom even more :)

THE GOAL?
It is all about the Rainforests. The goal of the blog is to create a space to share thoughts and knowledge about the Rainforests, to debate the issues and to provide readers with practical way(s) to protect the Rainforests. Information and action combined.

To make the blog a useful resource and discussion hub I intend to cover everything from the history of the Rainforests to the people, plants and animals that live there and ultimately to the problems the Rainforests and its peoples face and the myriad of ways we can assist in empowering them to solve their problems in sustainable ways they approve of.

The blog will hopefully become a common ground for all those interested, regardless of expertise and background, in this most iconic and critical of green global projects.

WHY ME?
As you all know I am on a constant journey of green discovery and evolution myself. When the opportunity to head up this project was proposed it was way too good to turn down. Like most regular urban folks I know very little about the Rainforests other than what I hear and read in the news. This blog project will give me the opportunity to learn and share about the Rainforests in a very interesting and rewarding way.

WHY THEM?
The folks who approached me for this project are a nonprofit foundation funded by a socially responsible eco-marketing company created to protect the Rainforest through the power of the global marketplace. I agree with their approach for many reasons all of which will I am sure become topics of debate. I look forward to telling you more about them in the near future.

THE RESULT?
Hopefully I will enable others to actually help protect the Rainforests and the people that depend on the Rainforests by producing an informative blog that inspires people to act.

Hopefully you will all be involved one way or another: at the very least by linking and commenting and debating and perhaps even more.

Am very excited to be working with them. Can't wait to tell you more.

Namaste to you all.

Al

Technorati tags:






8 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Jeff McIntire-Strasburg said...

Very cool, Al -- Congratulations!

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Al, that's great news!

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how utterly fantastic! Congratulations to you, and best wishes for this wonderful new project. What a dream - blogging for both a good cause and a salary. You GO, dude!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Admin said...

Your wishes came true...now you're getting paid for blogging about green stuffs :-) congratulation, Al! I'm excited to know more about rainforest in Indonesia for example...since it's one of the biggest ones in the world. I know little of it...everything is depleting over there, and I hope that there are ways to protect and help the people, communities and government in Indonesia to do better...or to do something about protecting rainforest there.

Good luck and all the best :-)

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go grl! Oops...Sorry,I thought this wuz LAGreenGirl's blog. She rocks!

Her Stalker Fan

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger City Hippy said...

hahahaha GreenLAGirl not only rocks...she also rules! ;)

Namaste

Al

ps stalking is creepy...stop it!!!

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, dude!!!!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget about the rainforest and global warming....
We've got a much bigger and more immediate problem:

I just read a front page newspaper headline that
scared me to death:

Special Report:
ROTATION OF THE EARTH PLUNGES ENTIRE
NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT INTO DARKNESS.

I understand the problem could spread
around the world!!!

People are being forced to use artificial light sources just to get around! Businesses have shut their doors, banks are closed, all major stock exchanges suspended trading, and manufacturing in many sectors has ceased!!!

Oh, wait...

The newspaper is THE ONION...Never mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home