WEEKLY Q: What is an ethical holiday?
Ethical holidays/vacations are a much-discussed topic with plenty of people all round the world offering great solutions for every taste and every budget.
But what is an ethical holiday? What does it mean to you? My ideal ethical holiday?
- Take my family to an organic crop farm ideally with rescue animals being cared for anywhere in England, Wales or Scotland. No flights for me for at least a year.
- Stay actually on the farm itself.
- Contribute 2-4 hours a day of work of varying types in part-exchange (plus cash of course) for the roof over my head and the food made available and then being free to relax and explore.
- Learn about farming and animal husbandry - get involved!
- Ideally transport to and from the location would be oil-free or offset.
- Ideally energy at the farm would be renewable or offset.
- Ideally all food available at the farm would be local, seasonal and organic.