City Hippy

The diary of our struggle to live a green and fair life.

Google Search:


City Hippy

CityHippy has posted its last post now (I now work for EMP plc, run At Home magazine online and more and personally blog over at http://www.altepper.com). Why? Click here to find out. We might be back. Keep our RSS feeds, keep us bookmarked, sign up for the news alert on the right. You never know...


We are dedicated to exploring how to live a greener and more ethical life. City Hippy is a growing collective of writers bringing you two types of content:

ARTICLES: Enjoy real content by real people trying really hard to live a greener and fairer life. Generally in-depth with weekly updates at least. Located in main body below.Subscribe:
 
BOOKMARKS: Follow our web travels & explore our 1400+ links to a greener life across various categories i.e. baby, cosmetics, DIY, furniture, garden & shopping. Short, sharp and frequent updates. Located down to the right. Click here to see our latest three bookmarks.Subscribe:

ARTICLES:

Sunday, September 11, 2005

REVIEW: Organic OJ

Here in the UK we have plenty of choice when it comes to Orange Juice. You can get local, imported, organic, no name, fairtrade or premium. Whatever your politics...there is an Orange Juice to fill your glass.

And do not for a moment think that your Orange Juice is not Politics. By the time you have had your breakfast you have interacted with half the planet, as Martin Luther King, I believe it was him, so rightly pointed out.

If breakfast is politics then your daily glass of Orange Juice is possibly more important than the vote. The companies you support probably affect the planet more than most governmental policies.

So the OJ I drink to start my day is important to me. The better the OJ...the happier my day. I do not do freshly squeezed as I do not have the time during the week so for convenience I buy in cartons like most people.

I am embarrassed to admit that up until now I have been a Tropicana man. The flavour was good...what can I say...I am ashamed! But recently I have rediscovered the Organic OJ from Grove Fresh. By the way OJ is just one of their range of eight fruit and vegetable juices.

Now don't get me wrong...Grove Fresh ain't cheaper. Tropicana currently costs £1.69 and Grove Fresh costs £2.29.

But that extra 60p (approx US $1.10) per litre, or 15p (an extra quarter-ish) per glass, buys me a lot of taste and organic love.

And to be honest Grove Fresh tastes better. Not because it is Organic, although that helps of course. It just actually is a nicer taste of OJ for me. Seriously. I am hooked! Try it for yourself! Do the OJ Taste Challenge. Let me know what you think.

Namaste

CH

Technorati tags:








2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you've joined the Grove Fresh revolution. It is nicer isn't it!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger City Hippy said...

Hey Beev

It so is nicer...glad somebody agrees...it just tastes so good...mmmmmm...well done Grove Fresh!

Namaste

CH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home